- Routinely change the filters. A poorly functioning filter not only decreases the ability of air to flow throughout the room, but forces the heating or cooling unit to work harder to accomplish half the results. A clean and well maintained filter system will keep the air flowing freely and effectively as well as provide the added benefit of diminishing air pollutants.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Having a programmable thermostat enables you to have greater control over not only the average temperatures, but how often and when your unit is being used. You will see an instant difference in your heating or cooling bill as you lower the use when you are not home, or sleeping.
- Set the thermostat to a higher or lower temperature. Changing your setting by just a few degrees higher or lower, depending upon the season, will provide a nice change to your utility bill.
- Consider a zoned temperature approach. If you have ever noticed that different areas of your home or business are warmer or cooler than other locations in the building, it may be a prudent choice to consider using a zoning system. These are designed to balance out the temperature variants, or create rooms which naturally are different from other areas within the dwelling. This leads to less fighting over the thermostat as each person attempts to get comfortable.
- Heating and air conditioning service for maintenance and repair. Having a trained and qualified technician provide seasonal maintenance and diligent repairs when needed will keep everyone comfortable and your unit working at peak performance.
Too often people will wait too long, or neglect to provide heating and air conditioning service to thier unit. It is far easier to keep a unit working properly than to suffer the added cost and hassle of needing to replace or repair a unit when it no longer works correctly.
Are you unsure about your heat services? Want more info? Contact McCalls heating and air, or check out our article on furnaces Here!